Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thank you

This is a letter I wrote recently to my mom and dad. Warning you will need tissues for this post. 

Dear Mom and Dad,

          I know I don't say this enough but. Thank you! Thank you for all you do. I know that I can be a pain in the butt sometimes but it's all out of love. I might not have realized things when you were teaching me a lesson right then and there but trust me I have learned. I have learned a lot from you two. Where do I start?

         Thank you for giving me two awesome siblings. Thank you for being my biggest supporter. Thank you for driving me to those 6 am games or giving up part of your holiday to take me to a tournament. Thank you for being the shoulder to cry on or listen to my rants no matter how stupid or long they are. Thank you for providing the best life for my siblings and I. You have taken the things you've been dealt and handled them to the best that you can. You never gave up on my siblings and I. You've always encouraged us to do our best and pushed us to try new things. You never told any of us kids that we couldn't do something. That if we set our mind to something you would always be behind us cheering us on. Even with my brother you told him that he could do anything he set his mind to.

         By working in the high school the past few weeks, I've been hearing that some people with disabilities have been told my their parents they can't do something because they have a disability. It breaks my heart because I know they can do whatever they put their mind to. With you, the words can't have never come out of your mouths. I can never thank you so much for doing that because I don't know who I would be without that.

        You believe in us. That means more to me than anything I can ever think of. You are the best parents a girl could ask for. I hope you know that. I love you guys.

         So, thank you for all you do for us.

-The Brawley Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment