Monday, March 24, 2014

Special Olympics Virginia Basketball States!

Scott's Team (The Rebels) made it to States. Let me tell you. It was an AMAZING two days. Opening ceremonies... I can't even tell you how amazing it was. I couldn't stop crying because it was that beautiful. They're no words for it. You have had to have been there.
  

 


Scott's Team played the Geico Leapin' Lizards for the All-Star game and THEY BEAT THEM BY 4 POINTS!! The crowd roared whenever someone made a basket. I'm so glad I got to see the game. The halftime show was so cute. It was one of the cheerleading teams that are comprised of people who are disabled. 

On Saturday, Scott's team played at 9am and 3pm. They won both games to win the GOLD Medal!! 







It was a great way to end my spring break. I love watching my brother and his friends play. We had a lot of fun, met a new people and danced every chance we got.

One thing you should do in your lifetime is to go to Opening Ceremonies and watch some of the games. It is inspiring to see them play. Words can't even describe watching these players play.

Until next year basketball, until next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment