Friday, January 18, 2013

What would you like to be when you grow up?

Almost every elementary school teacher make their students do an activity where the students color and write what they want to do when they grow up. At the time most of the students say an astronaut or a famous sports star, but that normally changes when they grow up and start to figure out who they are. Or they could be like me and grow up think they know what they want to do, but get into college and change their major 3 times before they finally find the right one.

I was thinking about this when my brother & I went to pick up our friend Michael from the hospital where he volunteers at. He delivers packages to the different departments. Every time I pick him up I always ask him how was his day and I have never heard anything other than, "Marvelous." He loves this job. It got me thinking.

After going to bowling with Michael and taking him home, Scott, and I saw some construction workers working on the road. I asked Scott if he would like to be a construction worker. He said, "No I can't do that." I then said, "Well, what would you like to be when you grow up?" Scott's answer (which doesn't surprise me at all) was that he wants to work at Advanced Auto Parts as a cashier. I asked if he would want to stock the shelfs too. He told me he could do that.

Sometimes I just wonder what he will do when he gets out of high school. I hope that one day he could work at Advanced Auto Parts like he really wants to. I know that he can do it & only time will tell. He still has sometime left in high school. I wonder what will happen when he doesn't have to go to school anymore. How he will handle that because he loves school.

No comments:

Post a Comment