Friday, August 20, 2010

Best Friends :)

"The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.” ~Unknown~


Scott & I LOVE our best friends.

Scott's best friend is John. John is a native of Russia & loves Ovechkin has much as Scott does. They love to play tag on the ice. They have been playing hockey together for over a year now. Scott has even started talking like John calling his dad Papa just like John does. John is very much like a Brawley because this summer he very badly hurt his finger. Something I would do & couldn't play hockey.
Scott has missed John so much & I know that John misses him as well.

My best friend is Michelle. Michelle & I have been friends since 2nd grade. We have been through everything together from friends, moving, boys & to going to the hospital. :) Even though we live about an hour away from each other we still talk on a regular basis. Without her my life would be lonely. She's the person I can count on when I need her at 3 am. We will always be best friends no matter the distance or how busy we both get. Whenever we talk its like we have seen each other many times. We pick up right where we left off.

Michelle & I supporting the STEELERS!!! :)


Scott & John at a Capitals game.

As we talk about best friends there are two people who are still with us in spirit.
First is Lance. Lance played on Scott's basketball team & softball team. He had the biggest smile on & was always ready to play. Lance was the first person in Virginia to run track after his 19th birthday. Basketball & Softball will not be the same without you Lance.
Rest.In.Peace. Lance.

Second is a girl who has inspired me everyday named Amanda Post. Amanda was suppose to be on my team when I played for the Montgomery Blue Devils my freshman year. Unfortunately she had started the season with a high ankle sprain. In November of 2006, she was diagnosed with Leukemia. Although I had only met her three times I wanted to play my hardest for her. She was still apart of my team & my family. In May of 2009, Amanda had past away. On my skates I have pink tape with her name on it to remind me that she will always be skating with me. She will always be my inspiration.
Rest.In.Peace. Amanda. 5.17.09




No comments:

Post a Comment